If you're celebrating Día de los Muertos at a party with your partner, see if you can get them to wear a dashing decorative top hat. Or, if as an alternative to the Flower Crown, follow these instructions to create a stylish headpiece for yourself.
You will need
- A hat (it's best if it's a top hat)
- Iron wire
- Flower tape — try to find some that matches the colour of the hat!
- Flowers. We went for Gloriosa, Vanda, Gerbera, Dianthus and Clematis, but you can choose your favourites.
- Take two pieces of iron wire and turn them into a round ring by fastening them together with floral tape. Make them large so that they can fit over the hat.
- Position a large flower against the wire and tape the flower stalk firmly to the ring. Do the same with a smaller flower next to it.
- Decorate one half of the ring, and then do the same on the other side until it is full of flowers.
- Slide the ring over the hat and adjust. That's it!
Share your gorgeous creations with us on social media with #funnyhowflowersdothat and #ddlm.