We think nothing of lavishing our faces with cleansers, creams and serums in a bid to keep our complexions in tip-top condition. But it’s our poor feet that get all the wear and tear so why should they get the raw deal? Whether it’s hotfooting it to work, pounding the treadmill, or teetering from bar to bar in high heels, busy lives make for jaded feet.
So why not give the most taken-for-granted part of your body a well-deserved treat?
Pamper from your head to your feet
This DIY floral foot soak from Gardenista ticks all the boxes. Rose petals, lemon and peppermint are all known for their refreshing and revitalising properties while therapeutic Epsom salts draw toxins out of the body and bring relief to tired and achy muscles and joints.
What you’ll need:
- Handful of rose petals (torn into pieces)
- Handful of fresh peppermint leaves
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 1/2 Cup of Epsom salts
- 1 Large glass bowl
- Warm water (bathwater hot, not boiling hot!)
What to do:
- Fill the bowl with warm water
- Mix in the Epsom salts until dissolved
- Add your fresh ingredients
- Place your feet in the water, sit back and relax
For the full instructions, head to the blogpost on Gardenista.