This fabulous Christmas mobile looks like it’s come straight out of an enchanted forest. How festive can you get?
This is what you need
- 3 Fresh pine branches of different lengths
- 6 Candles and clip-on candleholders
- Rough sturdy string
- Large transparent baubles
- Carnations, helleborus and spider chrysanthemums
How to make this Christmas masterpiece
- Bend all three branches into a circle and firmly tie the ends together.
- Now suspend them with string in four places above one another in well-spaced layers to from a sturdy hook in the ceiling.
- Spread the candles in the candleholders around the mobile.
- Tie a string around the hook on the bauble.
- Add a bit of water (not too much - as it will make them too heavy), and distribute the flowers.
- Light the candles and enjoy an ‘O Come all ye faithful’ moment!
Stylish and simple
For a bauble to be upcycled to a vase, it has to offer something special. It’s important that it has an opening which is large enough to insert a couple of stems. Glass is, of course nice and natural, but plastic is a lot lighter and less fragile to work with. For the flowers, choose specimens with a narrow stem and a lot of spectacle up top: spider chrysanthemums, carnations, orchids. For extra security you can also tie the string around the crown.