You will need
- Floral tape
- Iron wire or diadem
- Flowers — we went for Tilandsia dyriana, vanda orchids, gerbera, flame lilies, roses, chrysanthemums, calla lillies and carnations. You can also use your own favourite flowers, or find ones with meaningful symbols. Mix and match large and small sizes, textures and different colours, until you have the look you want.
- Measuring tape
- Flower glue
- Cut your flowers short so that the stem length is 3-5 cm.
- Take your diadem — or, if you don't have one to hand, then take 2 pieces of iron wire and wrap the flower tape all the way around them to hold them together. Bend the ends with the tongs until it forms a semi-circle.
- Position the first flower with the stem against the diadem and fasten it tightly to the wire with the flower tape. Keep adding flowers like this. When you are in the middle, move to the other side and do the same until the crown is full.
- If you're of the opinion that more is more, then add extra blooms by dotting the stems of smaller flowers with flower glue and placing them in between the larger blooms.
- Attach ribbons to the bottom and fasten the crown to your head. Now you're bound to turn heads when you enter the room.
Share your gorgeous creations with us on social media with #funnyhowflowersdothat and #ddlm — we'd love to see them.